1. The Accu-strut attaches to the Mini barrel via 2 specially-designed clamps (each with 2 cap-head screws, a washer plate, and a nut plate) and 2 rear tang set-screws.
2. The rear clamp fits back to the gas-block on straight profile barrels. On newer tapered barrels, clamp should be shifted forward about ¾” to accommodate the tapered portion of the barrel (clamp will flex to some degree; see the photo below).
3. The forward clamp is located 3.5” past the point where the barrel exits the gas-block (on older Minis there may be circular indexing marks there.)
4. The rear of the strut fits over the gas block. Secure with set-screws on either side. See also optional security procedure.
THAT YOUR FIREARM IS UNLOADED!!
Mounting clamps are supplied with a coat of anti-corrosion grease. this should be removed before installation to prevent slipping of the strut (ordinary rubbing alcohol is an excellent degreasing solvent).
It is recommended that the supplied Loctite 620 be used only inside the clamp/barrel contact areas. If used on the mounting screws, heating will be required for removal!
OPTIONAL SECURITY PROCEDURE:
Ultra-secure attachment may be achieved by drilling counter-sink
“dimples” in the gas-block at the attachment points of the rear tang
screws. Use an extra hard 1/8” drill bit (cobalt or carbide) and drill
to a depth of about .050”.
Installation on a tapered barrel
1. The Accu-strut Socom attaches to the Mini barrel via a specially-designed barrel clamp (2 cap-head screws, a washer plate, and a nut plate) and 2 rear tang set-screws.
2. The forward clamp should be placed close to the end of the strut as pictured, on a convenient position along the barrel.
3. The rear of the strut fits over the gas block. Secure with set-screws on either side. See also optional security procedure.
Tighten clamp screws to a nominal torque of 18 in-lbs. Avoid over-tightening.
If the strut is observed to be slipping down the barrel due to recoil, the supplied Loctite can be applied directly between the barrel surface and inside contact surfaces of the clamps. Slight extra torque may also be applied to the clamp screws. (Even better, perform the Optional Security Procedure detailed above.)
It is absolutely essential to prevent slippage of the strut. The smallest amount-
even thousandths of an inch- can and will completely negate the accurizing
effect. Use the Loctite and/or perform the Optional Security Procedure.